Michael G. Sexton, Attorney at Law
- Personal Injury
- Social Security Disability
- Veterans Disability
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- Juris Doctor, Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville, FL
- Bachelor of Arts, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
U.S. Court of Appeals for Veteran’s Claims
Professional Associations & Memberships
National Organization of Social Security Representatives
SWFL Trial Lawyers Association
- Board Certified Social Security Disability Advocacy Attorney by National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Mr. Sexton was selected by NOSSCR to speak before National Social Security disability attorneys in May of 2014 on the topic of “Immigration Issues in Social Security Disability”.
- In addition, in February of 2015 he was selected by the American Association for Justice to speak on the Basics of Social Security Disability Law.
- In April 2018 he was selected by NOSSCR to speak before National Social Security Disability Attorneys on the topic of “the 5-day evidence rule & ethical considerations.”
His Story/Past Work & Experience
- Attorney Michael G. Sexton has experience representing thousands of claimants in hearings before Social Security Administrative Law Judges. In addition, he has filed appeals with the Office of Disability Adjudication and Review (ODAR), Appeals Council in Falls Church, Virginia, and the United States District Court of the Middle District of Florida.
- He has also successfully represented plaintiffs in personal injury and medical malpractice cases in the U.S. District Court, and successfully resolved cases at mediation.
- Michael received his J.D. degree from Florida Coastal School of Law where he worked in the Florida Coastal School of Law Immigrant Rights Clinic. He studied abroad at the Inter-American Court of Human Rights in San Jose, Costa Rica with Santa Clara School of Law.
- He was often on the dean’s list, received an honors book award in criminal procedure, and was a pro bono honors recipient. He has a B.A. in English Literature from Florida State University.
- In 2018 Michael became a Board Certified Social Security Disability Advocacy Attorney by The National Board of Trial Advocacy. In order to become board certified, Michael had to demonstrate continued practice and excellence in the field of Social Security Disability by submitting Federal Court Appellate briefs and Appeals Council briefs he had authored and pass a grueling exam. Michael also practices frequently in personal injury actions involving motor vehicle crashes, slip and falls, medical malpractice, and workers compensation, and has help generate over $1,000,000 in settlements.