Douglas Mohney, Esq.
- Personal Injury
- Social Security Disability
- Veterans Disability
- Employment Discrimination
- Juris Doctor, Cum Laude Detroit College of Law at Michigan State University 1992
- Bachelor of Science, Western Michigan University 1989
- AAS Law Enforcement, Kalamazoo Valley Regional Training Academy
- Florida -1994
- Michigan -1992
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida and Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan and the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veteran’s Claims (Accredited Veteran’s Attorney)
- The United States Supreme Court
Professional Achievements & Memberships
- Board Certified Social Security Attorney Certified by National Board of Trial Advocacy
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Attorney Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Southwest Florida Trial Lawyers Association
- Florida Justice Association
- The National Organization of Social Security Claimant’s Representative
- NOSSCR Director, 11th Circuit, 2015-Present
Presentations & Lectures
- New Orleans, LA 2019 “Bypassing the Administrative Agency”
- Atlanta, GA 2018 “The Five Business Day Evidence Rule”
- Atlanta, GA 2018 “Rules of Conduct and Standards of Responsibility for Representatives”
- Washington DC, 2017 “The Double-Edged Disabilities: Drug and Alcohol Abuse”
- Seattle, WA 2016 “Limited English Proficient Claimants & Interpreters”
- Washington DC 2015 “The Doctor is never in..objections to and cross examination of the SSA Medical Experts”
Mr. Mohney is Board Certified in Social Security Disability Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy (accredited by the American Bar Association and The Florida Bar) and is one of only 7 Board Certified Social Security Advocates in the State of Florida. He received his Accreditation as an Attorney from the Department of Veterans Affairs. This is a privilege that carries specific responsibilities, for the preparation, presentation, and prosecution of claims for Veterans benefits before the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Served as faculty speaker for the National Organization of Social Security Claimant’s Representatives (NOSSCR) National Conference in Alexandria, VA May 5-9 2015, lecturing on how to effectively cross examine medical experts at Social Security Hearings. Also lectured at NOSSCR on “Exit Strategies for Attorneys”.
In addition to representing clients at all levels of cases including trials and, if necessary, appeals, Attorney Mohney has been asked to present professional practice lectures to other attorneys. In October of 2011, Mr. Mohney served as a faculty speaker for the American Association for Justice’s Social Security Success Seminar in Las Vegas, speaking about the Social Security Rulings used in determining disability. In December of 2011, Mr. Mohney served as a faculty speaker for the Florida Justice Association in Fort Myers, FL speaking about tech tools for success in trial work for personal injury attorneys.
Mr. Mohney has also been recognized nationally by his peers and has been appointed to the leadership of the American Bar Association (ABA) General Practice, Solo & Small Firm Division for 2013. In addition, he has been appointed to the ABA Committees for Alternate Dispute Resolution, Consumer Protection, Gaming Law and the Law Student Committee.
Personal Life & Interests
Attorney Mohney is married and he and his wife have 2 children. An avid sportsman, Mr. Mohney has hunted all over the world and appeared with his son in several hunting programs for the Outdoor Channel and the Travel Channel.
Board Certified in Social Security Disability by the NBTA. Licensed in both Florida and Massachusetts. Accredited Veterans’ disability attorney.
Board Certified in Social Security Disability by the NBTA. Licensed in both Florida and Michigan. NOSSCR Board of Directors Member.
Schedule a Free Consultation
Complete the form and we will call you back to discuss your case. We can schedule your free consultation by phone or at one of our Florida offices.