Other Considerations for Filling Out Forms


The more education you have, the more likely it is you can transfer skills to other jobs you have never performed before. When asked what grade you completed in school, do not say what grade you dropped out of but rather say what grade you completed. Even if you have a GED, still say what grade you completed before getting your GED. Never say you have a college education if you did not receive a degree.


Do not leave out any medical condition or any medical symptoms you have. The more you have, the easier it is to be found disabled. Do not say you do not have a mental impairment if you are taking medication for things like depression or anxiety. It is better if you get yourself into treatment for these conditions with a mental health specialist.


If medication controls a medical condition, that condition will not be disabling. Describe all your symptoms in spite of taking medication.


It is possible to speed up the decision on your case if you have your doctor complete Medical Source Statement forms and Mental RFC forms.

Please talk to your case manager about how to get these forms completed. They are only helpful if you obtain the doctor’s treatment notes to go with the forms. When completed, send the forms with the treatment notes to your attorney for submission.

Visit Avardlaw.com/videos to learn more about filling out forms.

Please Submit as Much Documentation of Your Condition to Your attorney As Soon As You Can